This policy describes the ways we collect, store, use, and protect your personal information.
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person.
You accept this policy when you sign up for or use Fairshare Media World Content or Services. We may improve this policy at any time by posting an updated version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. We will add a date to the revised policy so you easily can see that the policy has recently changed.
How we collect information about you
When you visit the Fairshare Media World website or use the our Services, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you become a member or use the Fairshare Media World Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Member information - your name, address, phone, email, Skype ID and other similar information.
- For Paying Users Member information plus financial information, that can be your credit card numbers or your PayPal account.
- For Contributing Users Paying User information plus your bank account number
Before permitting you to use the Fairshare Media World Content and/or Services, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk. Example of such information is date of birth or personal ID number/social security number. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
When you as Paying or Contributing User are using the Fairshare Media World Services, we collect information about your transactions and your other activities on our website or using the Fairshare Media World Services and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes and to lessen risk.
We send a "session cookie" to your computer when you log as member or otherwise use the PayPal Services. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. When you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to remove our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we store and protect personal information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the European Union and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable directives issued by The Swedish Data Inspection Board. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information for Fairshare Media World members is to provide you with a customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the Fairshare Media World Services, Content, support your requests, and troubleshoot problems
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Customize and improve our content and services
- Deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without you having explicitly agreed to this.
We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize Fairshare Media World Services, content and advertising.
How we share personal information with other Fairshare Media World users
For Paying Users we may share some of your personal information on a need to know basis with the person or company that you are paying. Such information is shared only to help complete your transaction with the seller
For Contributing Users information may be shared with third parties about your bank account you can verify you can control. Unless you have agreed to it, these third parties are not allowed to use this information for any purpose other than to enable the Fairshare Media World Services.
To facilitate dispute resolutions, we may provide both Paying Users and Contributing Users with respective addresses.
Free Users and Paying Users, please note that Contributing Users you buy from and may contract with have their own privacy policies, and Fairshare Media World may not be held responsible for their operations, including, but not limited to, their information practices.
Regardless, we will not disclose anyone´s credit card number(s), PayPal account or bank account number to anyone, except with your explicit permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a credit card rules, indictment or other legal processes.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts impose that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer Fairshare Media World Services such as credit card payment. These financial institutions may only use this information for marketing, unless you have given agreement for other uses.
- Companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by.
If, in such a situation, your personal information could be used contrary to this policy, you will receive prior notice.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
-we are forced to do so by an indictment, court order or similar legal procedure
-we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules
- Other third parties which you has allowed us to do so with.
Fairshare Media World will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and will only share your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your Member account through clicking the "My Account" link.